0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

How To Check Your RSLinx Enterprise Shortcut on a PanelView Plus

So you're on the plant floor with your new PanelView Plus runtime file (.MER) freshly downloaded and your screen is showing the tell tale signs that theirs no communication.

If you like many people, sometime during the development cycle you learn how to disable the "information" pop-up window.

Unfortunately, that same window you...

Click here to view the full article.
    Looking for affordable automation training? If you are, check out my courses at TheAutomationSchool.com!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    If you're running into an issue and would like to post a picture of it, you can do so in here our free forums,
    Looking for affordable automation training? If you are, check out my courses at TheAutomationSchool.com!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Dear Mr. Shawn,No acknowledgement browsing.jpgplay online.jpgWhatsApp Image 2019-12-22 at 2.38.59 PM.jpg

As we discussed before on the Automation Blog Website regarding my communication issue between SLc 5/03 and PVP 600.

First of all;
    I have converted my .pva filr to .med file using FTview Me 6.o ver and tried to communicate with my SLC through Laptop using cross cable and it was working and when tried to browse online tags using through RSlinx enterprise but receive this msg " No Acknowledgement browsing"
    1st question : Do i need to browse my SLC using RSLinx enterprise when browsing for online tags in Ftview ME using Com port 3.

Secondly:
    Fortunately i have another PVP connected to another SLC and i have copied the same settings for Rslinx enterprise but i found the Software version are different from the new PVP.

Old PVP:
    ME Station: 7.0.0
    Rslinx Enterprise - 5.60
    FT services Platform - 2.60
    Kepware -5.75

.Mer file is created on 5.10 version but i dont have development file.

New PVP:
    ME station -8.0.8
    Rslinx Enterprise: 5.71
    FT Services Platform: 2.71
    Kepware: 513

Using Ftview Me version 6.0 to do conversion, pls find attached.

May be i am mistaken in terms of configuration, is there any requirement for the operating system i.e Windows Xp of Win 7 while running the FTview Me software while doing conversion.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by usama; 01-12-2020 at 07:55 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Good morning @usama,

First, I'd suggest opening your SLC-5/03 program and checking the channel 0 configuration, and then make the configuration in RSLinx Enterprise match. I have a few videos of how to do this at https://TheAutomationBlog.com.

Second, be sure the shortcut name you create matches exactly the one used in the Tags you imported from the PV550 PanelBuilder32 file. Just open your Tag Database in your imported project in ViewStudio and look at the PLC addresses of your imported tags and you should see a shortcut name in brackets like [MyPLC].

Once that is done your communications should work, but keep in mind if you want to test the project on your PC you'll need to be connected to the SLC-5/03.

Hope this helps,

Shawn Tierney,
    Instructor at https://TheAutomationSchool.com

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Good Afternoon Mr. Shawn,rslinx.jpgplay3.jpg

I have checked my SLC is browsing in RSLinx Classic and i have copied the same baud rate(9600) to add the SLC in RSlinx Enterprise.
    df3.jpg
    When i add the SLC using the channel 0 configuration from RSLogix 500, i can see the SLC (add-2) is brwosing but together with my laptop which
    display's Desktop (addr-1). But when i minimize the tree & again drop down the tree for Serial DF1 driver my SlC disappear and i can only see my Laptop in it.

And when i see my SLC is browsing i tried to go online to play the display screen but the there is error and the msg is showing
    " Failed to add item [ff21_22]N21:22/0 to Data Server : Rslinx Enterprise on Machine Localhost"

And also Checked to be sure that my SLC is really browsing or not i open ME utility Software and there also i can only see my Laptop(desktop).

Why i can't browse my SLC in RSLinx Classic but not in Enterprise?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by usama; 01-15-2020 at 07:44 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Good morning @usama,

I just replied on the blog article here: http://theautomationblog.com/how-to-...anelview-plus/

Hope this helps,

Shawn Tierney,
    Instructor at https://TheAutomationSchool.com

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Dear Mr. Shawn,

IT WORKED…
    Very Thanks….

When use Auto-Config it showed my SLC in Rslinx Enterprise. (Com port- 5)
    And after that i have copied the Design to Runtime Config Button and created the .Mer File but it did not communicate when connected between SLC and PVP 600.
    It is showing error : Timed out reading N15:15 rom SLC at station 1 on driver DF1.

Should i also select Auto-config in Runtime Configuration or the Com port as 1.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Good morning @usama,

Congrats!

You can also select Auto Config for the runtime as well, but keep in mind that "auto config" only runs when the PanelView Plus boots up. I personally prefer to review the settings Auto Config finds, and then set those manually so if the HMI is turned on when the PLC is off there's not an issue, but really whatever works for you.

That said, also keep in mind your PC and SLC are both DTE deivces, so a cross over serial cable is used - however the PanelView Plus is a DCE device, so to connect the PLC (or PC) to the PVP's serial port requies a straight through serial cable.

Hope this helps!

Shawn Tierney,
    Instructor at www.TheAutomationSchool.com