User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Transferring Runtime Files (.mer) To PanelView Plus Using USB Flash Drive

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Hi Shawn,

We are now going to protect the PVP with covers etc.

Yes it is exactly the same RN6 as I am replacing the original unit with a new unit. It is the new unit that is not "updating" from the PLC once powered up & connected.
    One other thing, the PVP 700 battery is flat, the spare PVP 700 was in storage for some years. Unfortunately I do not presently have a replacement battery, but still need to use the new PVP 700 for crane operations.(The old one has screen damage).

On another note, one of the new PVP 1500 spare units I received as spare has a firmware version of 4.00.05.60 (CPR7) all of our PVP 1500 are version 5.00.00.55 (CPR9)
    Do you possibly know where I could get version 5.00.00.55 (CPR9) from?

Best Regards

Eric

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Good morning @Eric_H,

Great to hear you're going to protect the PVPs from direct sunlight - this is really a must and if you have a sheet metal shop it should be easy to make a hood /visor.

To get out of a jam with comms, I would try the old Logic board on the new Screen.

To me it seems the Shortcut setup on the old unit was changed on the terminal itself, so it's not loading with just the MER file on the new screen (you can view/edit either in the config menu - see my previous post for the link)

As far as the battery, it's a standard watch-like battery, but if you don't have any onboard then when you shut off power to the PVP the clock is going to stop updating or even reset (just like other electronic devices with clocks and dead batteries.)

As far as where to get PVP firmware, check out:
    - https://theautomationblog.com/how-to...mware-in-2018/

Hope this helps,

Shawn Tierney,
    Instructor at www.TheAutomationSchool.com
    Looking for affordable automation training? If you are, check out my courses at TheAutomationSchool.com!