1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

falla de comunicacion plc a pc

Good afternoon dear, I hope your support for my case.
    I just updated the version of my software from v21 to v 30, but I lost the communication of my plc with the pc and the program was deleted, I have my backup but when I upload it to the plc again, the program does not start. Please your support can be something from the memory card

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Good morning @mardavid18,

You didn't mention what software you are using, so I'm going to assume Studio 5000 Logix Designer.

First, you can't upgrade from v21 to v30. You can install v30 along side of v21, but installing v30 will not remove v21.

Second, installing or uninstalling ANY version of Studio 5000 will not delete any of your program files (aka ACD files.)

Third, if you open a v21 file with v30, and you've manually uninstalled v21, the software will ask you if you'd like to migrate the program to v30 but will also make a v21 backup at the same time so nothing is lost.

Forth, if your PLC is v21, then you can only program it with v21, unless you change the PLC's firmware.

Finally, when you say the program doesn't start it's like saying your car won't start - if you call a mechanic for help and all you know is it won't start, you'll end up wasting a lot of time going back and forth explaining the situation.

Instead, why not provide more information like "is the PLC faulted, and what is the fault?"

Or if the PLC is in run mode but your machine is not running, then go online and look for the logic stopping the machine from running. It could be your backup is not the latest file that was in the controller, or some other permission is missing.

Good luck!

Shawn Tierney,
    Instructor at www.TheAutomationSchool.com.
    Looking for affordable automation training? If you are, check out my courses at TheAutomationSchool.com!