3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Panel view plus 6 displays freezes

I am facing an issue regarding Panel view plus 2711P-RP8A , firmware 11.01. When i switch ON PVP6 ,it takes 1-2 minutes to load application ,after that it's screen freezes for 4-5 minutes ,( in this time frame i am unable to navigate to other display screen and system clock is also freezes ).After 7-8 minutes tags are refreshed and since then it's working fine.

I have 1756-L64 processor and ENBT module .PVP6 is connected to ethernet via DLINK switch .
    I am attaching system configuration . I need your help to resolve this issue.

Thanks and Regards
    Kundan Kumar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Good morning @Kundan,

Can you check your RSLinx Enterprise configuration on the PanelView Plus to see if there are any missing or unused PLCs listed?

To check your communications see this post:
    - https://theautomationblog.com/how-to...ommunications/

This is a related article:
    - https://theautomationblog.com/why-do...nutes-to-boot/

Hope this helps,

Shawn Tierney,
    Instructor at www.TheAutomationSchool.com
    Looking for affordable automation training? If you are, check out my courses at TheAutomationSchool.com!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Tierney View Post
    Good morning @Kundan,

Can you check your RSLinx Enterprise configuration on the PanelView Plus to see if there are any missing or unused PLCs listed?

To check your communications see this post:
    - https://theautomationblog.com/how-to...ommunications/

This is a related article:
    - https://theautomationblog.com/why-do...nutes-to-boot/

Hope this helps,

Shawn Tierney,
    Good evening @ sir

With PVP6 slow booting problem, i had already tried what ever you sent me in tech note. But still screen freezes. I am configuring topics from 2 different 1756-L64 processor in my project.

I deleted all unused child nodes from my project design. Still I am facing issue.i also upgraded my PVP6 firware to 11 and Controller version to 20.19.Inhibited all unused I/O and drives ( which is not existing but still configured in PLC project),BUT this couldn't solved my problem .I serached for tech note and contacted Rockwell suport team , but till date problem remained same.

Please help and guide me to resolve this issue. Same project configuration is working fine 7211P-RP8A version 3.03 mer file version 5.10, but when i converted same mer file to 11 version and downloading to new PVP6 , i am facing problem of slow booting and screen freezes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Good afternoon @Kundan,

I believe their is something in your project causing this issue, and would suggest the below tests:

1 - Create a brand new project with a single display, and on that display put ten numeric displays for tags from each PLC. When you create the runtime and download it, if it does not "freeze" then we'll know it's related to the original project.

2 - Import your existing project into a brand new project, so that ViewStudio is forced to create a new project from your existing one. Then download that and test it.

3 - Check to see if your project uses any global connections, specifically any that relate to "display" control

Hope this helps,

Shawn Tierney,
    Looking for affordable automation training? If you are, check out my courses at TheAutomationSchool.com!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Tierney View Post
    Good afternoon @Kundan,

I believe their is something in your project causing this issue, and would suggest the below tests:

1 - Create a brand new project with a single display, and on that display put ten numeric displays for tags from each PLC. When you create the runtime and download it, if it does not "freeze" then we'll know it's related to the original project.

2 - Import your existing project into a brand new project, so that ViewStudio is forced to create a new project from your existing one. Then download that and test it.

3 - Check to see if your project uses any global connections, specifically any that relate to "display" control

Hope this helps,

Shawn Tierney,
    created a new project with single display ,still the buttons and i/o fields freezes for few minutes ,after that it working as normal .

My concern is regarding what causes PVP6 to boot so slow and screen freezing issue.

With spare CPU of 1756-L64 in separte chasis and ENBT module ,i observed no freezing issue and i/o tags are updating normally .

The problem arises when i am using running PLC'S tags and connecting with PVP6.(2711P-RP8A)
    With same project of mer version 5.10 it's working normally on my old PVP6(2711P-RP2A).

I am attaching my network connection diagram for your reference and mer file.
    If possible please convert the mer file ( bed 3 project) to version 11 and send me back ,may be i am doing something wrong while creating mer file

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Good morning @Kundan,

So you created a new project/application with a single display, and it still freezes?

Question: Did did you select run app on startup, and replace communications, then reboot after transferring?

Transfer-Utility-1-1.jpg

If you did not set "replace comms on startup" then you are still using the old comms from the old application

- Note: be sure the only PLCs that show up in the RSLinx E Target/Runtime tab are the two plcs being used.

If you did not select "run application on startup" and reboot, then the cache wasn't cleared.

----

If doing those two things don't resolve the issue with your new "one display" test application, then I'd suggest comparing the network settings of the old and new PVP - for instance, if the Ethernet settings are wrong it can cause an issue.

As I think about v5 versus v11 PanelViews on Ethernet, I honestly can't think of any reason why one would be slower than the other, aside from a glitch that might be addressed in a firmware update.

That said, you may want to add a diagnostic display to your project to see if you are getting any errors (many people remove the default popup.)

You may also want to check the version 11 release notes to be sure no features were removed that your project uses...

Hope this helps,

Shawn Tierney,

PS - I'd be more than happy to review your file in exchange for a pizza: paypal.me/InsightsInAutomation