2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

AB CCW- Math results in Memory Tag

Is there anyway in Connected Component Workbench (V12) that to put results from 2 PLC tags directly into built in memory tag (MEMTAG001)? For example I have integer tag_a and tag_b from PLC and want to do math like tag_a x 32767 + tag_b and put results into memory tag MEMTAG001. ( MEMTAG001 = tag_a x 32767 + tag_b)

I know that it can be done inside the PLC and display PLC tag value into HMI but the reason I want to do it on HMI is because I don't want to modify PLC program.
    2020-02-14 08_20_41-.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Good afternoon @pat_utimate,

In the PanelView Plus we'd do this with a Derived Tag expression triggered RemoteMarco, but you could also just repeat the expression everywhere you needed to display it, which it all it sounds like you're trying to do.

But looking in CCW v12 I don't see any scripting or similar expression functionality - kind of disappointing!

Sincerely,

Shawn Tierney,
    Instructor at www.TheAutomationSchool.com
    Looking for affordable automation training? If you are, check out my courses at TheAutomationSchool.com!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Shawn Tierney For This Useful Post:

pat_utimate (02-14-2020)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Good afternoon Shawn

Thanks for prompt and speedy reply, I hope Rockwell will add this simple functionality in future, I have some spare PV800 HMI's so was trying to use it in one of the project (convert panelmates), Usually I use C-more panels from AutomationDirect which has so many functionalities for less money than Rockwell. I have used so many C-more panels in food industries and have no problems so far.
    Regards
    Paresh
    C-more event.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Good morning @pat_utimate,

No problem at all - for the last several years I've tried to check the forums every weekday to support our great community here at www.TheAutomationBlog.com.

Some even help us cover our expenses with a small monthly pledge at www.Patreon.com/automation, although we'll need more if we ever want to go Ad Free.

That said, I do think that in Rockwell's attempt not to eat into the PVPlus sales, they've left the PV800 in a position where it has less features than the competitors :-(

But it's their choice - here at the blog we are vendor agnostic :-D

Sincerely,

Shawn Tierney,
    Instructor at www.TheAutomationSchool.com
    Looking for affordable automation training? If you are, check out my courses at TheAutomationSchool.com!