Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Messaging Between SLC500 and Micrologix 1100

Hello,

I am working on replacing a Micrologix 1200 (that was talking through a Digi One IAP serial to ethernet converter) with a Micrologix 1100 that talks Ethernet natively.

I have a SLC500 that is attempting to do a Read via a MSG block with these settings but I am getting no data:
    Capture.jpg

I can communicate fine with the 1100 and I see data constantly changing in both N10:0 and N10:1. The SLC MSG block gives me "Connection not completed before user-specified timeout".

Do I have to change the MSG config to MultiHop: Yes and enter the IP in that tab for this to work? I have other MicroLogix 1100's communicating fine and this is the only difference I can find in the configs.

Thanks,
    Kris

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Good afternoon @kmayreis,

So, your SLC-5/05 was reading data over Ethernet from a ML1200 through a Digi One IAP serial to Ethernet converter, and you've replaced both the 1200 and DigiOne with a ML1100?

If that is your case, then yes you may need to update you MSG setup because the DigiOne and ML1100 are not identical.

I think your best bet is to compare your existing message to an example from Rockwell which btw does say you need to set up the MSG instruction as Multi-hop and add in the Ethernet IP Address as shown in this link:

https://rockwellautomation.custhelp....ail/a_id/29366

Hope this helps,

Shawn Tierney,
    Instructor at www.TheAutomationSchool.com
    Looking for affordable automation training? If you are, check out my courses at TheAutomationSchool.com!