1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Unhappy Historical AE not populating

Hi, I have a small issue with Historical Alarm and Events not showing up in the graphic. Normal alarms work fine. HISTORICAL ALARM Graphic Properties point to the correct ftae database, RSlinx Enterprise SQL Server is running, the RSlinx Server Properties are pointing to the correct COMPUTER name. Anyone have an idea on where I can look. (Note: I am a new user of AB Factory Talk, so a "dummies guide" would be fantastic.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Good morning @RonV5300,

Some questions for you:
    - What version of View Studio are you using?
    - When you say normal alarms are showing, are you talking about current and un-acked A&E alarms show in the A&E summary object?
    - Have you tried using the A&E Log Viewer object?

PS - In my ViewSE course we create two A&E alarm pages, one for current and one for historical, so I'm wondering if you're trying to show Historical in an object that won't show them?
    Looking for affordable automation training? If you are, check out my courses at TheAutomationSchool.com!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Tierney View Post
    Good morning @RonV5300,

Some questions for you:
    - What version of View Studio are you using?
    - When you say normal alarms are showing, are you talking about current and un-acked A&E alarms show in the A&E summary object?
    - Have you tried using the A&E Log Viewer object?

PS - In my ViewSE course we create two A&E alarm pages, one for current and one for historical, so I'm wondering if you're trying to show Historical in an object that won't show them?
    Shawn,

We have Release 7.00 (CPR 9 SR 6).

Yes the normal Alarm and events are showing, and no on the last question A&E Log Viewer have not been used.

I am totally new to this application.

Some background here is that this application was written during the project phase and we have not had any issues since, until recently.

Some function block changes were made, and soon after that the Historical A&E stopped working.

There are currently two databases in the system one called ftae which is the current one, and one called FTAE_HISTORY which was the original one. Hopefully this sheds some light.

- - - Merged - - -

Any guidance on the Log Viewer?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Good morning @RonV5300,

I'm in the Studio today so I can't double check this, but I thought the A&E summary object only showed current and un-ack'd alarms, and the Log Viewer object was used to show all previous alarms?

I'd recommend checking the help or PDF book on both objects to see if I'm right?

Sincerely,

Shawn Tierney
    Instructor at The Automation School
    Looking for affordable automation training? If you are, check out my courses at TheAutomationSchool.com!