0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Making a Picture (bmp) a Variable on Display Screen

I am using a Micrologix 1400 plc and a Panel View Plus 600 HMI. I have 70 part numbers on a weld process and I need to display the picture of the representative part being worked on by part number. The display currently has variable information that it pulls from the recipe file such as part number, number of welds, etc. Each time we select a part number these fields populate correctly. What I need to do now is add the corresponding picture to show with the part number.

What is the best way to do this? The preference is to have one display screen and populate it according to part number.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Good morning @land5150,

Not sure what the "best way" is, but my first reaction would be to use a Multi-State Indicator with 70 images. When the tag the object is connected to changes, so will the picture.

Hope this helps,

Shawn Tierney,
    Instructor at The Automation School
    Looking for affordable automation training? If you are, check out my courses at TheAutomationSchool.com!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Shawn,
    I am in the middle of the PVP course, but I must complete this now on our production floor. I created the multistate indicator as you recommended. I actually have this down to less than 32 display states. As far as setting up the tag, the micrologic 1400 integers will only take 16 bits per word if I remember correctly so is the correct solution- to create a L9- long integer file that will hold 32 bits?

Setup my tag in the indicator to point to the L9:0 and then in my recipe file create a new ingredient call Graphic Used and the tag set pointing to L9:0? Then per each data set populate the graphic used field with the correct state of the indicator per part number?

Finally I would need a line of code for the micrologic to accept and populate the L9 graphic used state that the panel view would see and produce the correct image?

Thanks for your help and recommendations.

Jeff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Good morning @land5150,

Sorry I missed your post yesterday. I would suggest checking out "
    Lesson 26: Graphic Display Design 2" in which I setup a multistate indicator using Intergers (not a bit array.)

But, instead of adding text to each state, add an image (similar to how you can add an image to a button as shown in "Bonus 01: Using Images on Buttons")

Also, in your recipe you'll need an image number (assuming your recipes are not already numbered 1-32.) When you load the recipe, you'll load the recipe number into an integer which the multi-state display will use to display the right image.

If you have any questions on the process, please feel free to post them right under that lesson at TheAutomationSchool.com.

Sincerely,

Shawn Tierney,
    Instructor at TheAutomationSchool.com
    Looking for affordable automation training? If you are, check out my courses at TheAutomationSchool.com!