0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

FactoryTalk View ME 9.0: A look back

Just last week Rockwell released FactoryTalk View Machine Edition version 10.00.01 (word on the street is the initial release was...

Click here to view the original article on The Automation Blog
    Looking for affordable automation training? If you are, check out my courses at TheAutomationSchool.com!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

A few other new items and anomalies

It was necessary to update to 9 in order for RSView Enterprise to recognize the L81E.

I cannot remember if this is new on the 9 or 8 , but additional screens can be loaded at startup. This helps with loading the DataStore "always on top" screen. The only problem with adding multiple screens at startup is that, when testing the screen on your desktop, the "Type 'x' to shutdown" does not clear after the startup.

When using 9 and a runtime application was created for a panel with 8 firmware, the font on the alarm history screens do not conform to the settings. The panel firmware must be updated.

The new PVP 1000s are now 800x600. This means that 700 and 1000 applications must be separate. It can be annoying when mixing 700s and 1000s on the same job. Resizing works okay, but an extensive "clean up" must be performed to re-align some object. Plus, testing an 800x600 on desktop does not handle the fonts the same. Especially in list objects.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Great stuff dadadadeo!

Thanks for sharing,

Shawn Tierney of The Automation School
    Looking for affordable automation training? If you are, check out my courses at TheAutomationSchool.com!