0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

pf753 start

Hi, I replaced a pf700h with a pf753. The 700H had a 2 wire control and has a speed command via analog in and feedback on frequency by analog out. So I installed using the same config than the 700h. I have a selector to control the drive on/off. Actually a stop asserted signal, a run confirmation to the plc. The pf700h was starting with a analog in signal when not stopped. I tried to do the same with the 753 but couldn't. I have to use the HMI start button. Anyone knows a way around this? since the drive is far from the motor and it drives a vaccum pump that I need to open water valves manually has soon I hit the HMI start button the drive starts and the pump runs dry a couple seconds. Or if it's possible to have a delayed start from the HMI button? if not I will have to bring new wires to the drive.
    Last edited by jdmwrx94; 06-15-2017 at 09:39 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Good morning jdmwrx94,

Is your wiring like this? (click to enlarge)

Capture.jpg

See P163 too.

From the manual here:

http://literature.rockwellautomation...n001_-en-p.pdf

Also, see this note just in case:

"Configuring both the “Start” input function and the “Run Forward” inputfunction at the same time. “Start” is used only in “3-wire” Start mode, and“Run Forward” is used only in “2-wire” Run mode, therefore, do notconfigured at the same time"

From

http://literature.rockwellautomation...m002_-en-p.pdf

Hope this helps,

Shawn Tierney of The Automation Blog
    Looking for affordable automation training? If you are, check out my courses at TheAutomationSchool.com!